International Market PlaceHonolulu, HI
Sachse Construction was hired by the Taubman Company to oversee tenant coordination services for The International Market Place mall in Waikiki, HI.
The International Market Place is a state-of-the-art mall featuring an 80,000 square foot Saks Fifth Avenue, the only full-line department store in Waikiki, and a 50,000 square-foot Grand Lanai which provides the largest concentration of dining options in the city. The mall is located on Kalakaua Avenue, which is rated the fifth top retail street in North America after Fifth Avenue in New York, North Michigan Avenue in Chicago, Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, and Union Square in San Francisco.
Sachse Construction employed approximately 12 team members on-site through September 2016 providing tenant coordination services. Sachse Construction’s Tenant Coordination team performed the following services:
- Liaison between the City and Project team in assisting with permit and city relations
- Oversaw logistics for island deliveries and worked with consolidators that store millwork deliveries, etc.
- Issue resolution
- Scheduling concerns
- Reporting for the Client on the status of each project; recognize which projects are behind schedule and provide suggestions on how to make up the schedule
- Building out white box spaces for the Landlord
- Building tenant in-line stores
- Performing general construction work for the Landlord such as installing demising walls, barricades, controls, etc.
Sachse previously provided tenant coordination services for The Mall of San Juan in San Juan, Puerto Rico; The Mall at Partridge Creek in Clinton Township, Michigan; City Creek Center in Salt Lake City, Utah; and Taubman Prestige Outlets Chesterfield in Chesterfield, Missouri, and has overseen the construction of multiple stores in each mall.
To learn more about the International Market Place, please click here.